At Healing Harbors, we believe in CBD self care. In order to utilize CBD to its highest rate of effectiveness, some tinkering might be in order. Everyone’s endocannabinoid system is very different. As a result, CBD oil users usually need to do their own experimentation to find their optimal CBD dose. This optimal dose is your dosing “sweet spot”, or the amount of CBD that gives you the desired results that you are looking for.
Here are some specific instructions for how to microdose with CBD to find your “sweet spot” dose.
These instructions are based on a system described by Dr. Dustin Sulak in a recent Rolling Stone article.
- Place 1 drop of CBD tincture oil under your tongue.
- Before consuming CBD or hemp products, ask yourself these 3 questions and answer on a scale of 1 to 10:
- How easy is it to breathe?
- How comfortable and calm does your body feel?
- How easy is it for you to smile authentically, to feel content and grateful?
- After writing down your scores, take the CBD!
- Wait 45 minutes and ask yourself the questions again. If there’s been no change in your scores and you’ve felt no effect, increase the dose by one drop.
- Repeat the process over the next few days, increasing the oral CBD dose by small increments. When you reach a point where you feel a difference after consuming, you’ve found your minimal effective serving size.
- At this point, continue raising the dose by tiny amounts. At some point, there will be no further benefit from a higher dose. You’ve established your therapeutic range, and can take the minimum dose. Continue to experiment with the timing of consumption to find what works best for you.
CBD tincture drops and topicals such as bath bombs are a great way to check in on your “sweet spot” whether you’re new or old to CBD. Once you’re able to determine a proper dosage, this will help you to make better determinations on other types of products, such as CBD capsules, CBD infused coffee, or CBD gummies. Check in with us for more tips and tricks about how best to optimize your CBD use!